left Philippine Review: Grrr...

Friday, June 22, 2007

Grrr...


read this link —-> CLICK HERE

as painstakingly as it is the person who wrote this piece doesnt understand the concept of democracy.

beautiful piece of work indeed but for what purpose? to be remaining complacent in a current corrupt regime? while the writer digests the characters of cory et al. he/she didnt illustrate any alternative him/herself.

and to that effect the whole write up could be summarized as follows.

“I have done that in the past, and I will do it again when I SEE THE NEED FOR IT, not when you tell me to do it.
But the simple truth that you try to obfuscate is this: you have not been able to offer me any viable alternative! On the other hand, GMA has bent over backwards many times to accommodate you while continuing to work hard despite all the obstacles and the brickbats you have thrown her way. From where I sit, she is the one who has been working really hard to move this country forward while all of you have been so busy with one and only one thing: to make sure she does not succeed. So forgive me if I do not want to join you in your moral pissing contest. Forgive me if I have chosen to see things from another perspective. You say she is the problem. I say, we are - all of us is the problem; more to the point, I think you are a bigger problem than she is. Taking her out may solve part of the problem, but that leaves us with a bigger problem: you. That is right, YOU!

While I felt outraged that she called a Comelec official during the elections and that she may have rigged the elections, I have since then taken the higher moral ground and forgiven her. Yes my dear bishops, I have done what you have told me to do since I was a child, which you say is the Christian and moral thing to do: forgive. Especially since she has asked for forgiveness and has tried to make amends for it. Erap certainly has not apologized and continues to be defiant, continuing to insult us everyday with his protestations - and he is part of your cause now! Cory has not apologized for her incompetence but we have forgiven her just the same because like GMA, she has worked hard after all.
So please wake up and take a reality check. In the absence of true and genuine moral leadership, many of us have decided to cast our lot with the President, even if we do not like her. A flawed leader is better than scheming power hungry fools who can not even stand up for their convictions in the face of an impending arrest.”

the writer only moves for the prpose of when he/she fits as selfish as it sounds he/she wasnt even able to articulate what progress GMA is really doing and even capitalizes on her apology.

he/she concentrated on looking for an alternative while he hated erap as a criminal and so on and forth for the other hypocrites as he/she fondly calls the detractors.

i say this is no more but an elementary way of arguing for a cretin.

tsk tsk

^_^

0 Comments: