left Philippine Review: On the Hostage Taking of a School Bus

Thursday, June 21, 2007

On the Hostage Taking of a School Bus


I don’t blame the guy for taking advantage of the media mileage and took some good kids from their field trips and made them hostages.

Actually theres a sick justification for such act. As I was saying on how one would justify such actions its just like saying how does one justify bombing Iraq in order to save a dozen oil depot?

But I take the opposite view and look at the motive behind the action.

It’s an act of desperation on the perpetrators’ part. Their actions speaks louder than their words for what would merit such actions but the sad reality of having uneducated kids in the near future by the fault of what they described as petty politics.

I couldn’t agree much.

I have as half a mind to do the same thing that they did if not for the thought of being as equally traumatized myself after the incident. (let’s just say i’m not disregarding the probability of being tortured vehemently and losing the propensity to bear my own child in the process)

True. The kids were traumatized and they would feel as equally happy afterwards realizing that their future had been made stable by the same people who victimized them, now this is what i call a JUST terrorism.

I just wish I had the same conviction as those brave men.

0 Comments: